The Woodward-Granger PTO is a voluntary organization whose purpose is to strengthen, enhance, and encourage the educational and social environment of Woodward-Granger Elementary School. It’s goals are to compliment the school curriculum with additional opportunities for parents, teachers, and students to learn, socialize, communicate, and grow. The PTO sponsors a variety of fundraising programs and social events. It also initiates programs to increase educational opportunities for the students.
The members of the PTO are families and staff members associated with Woodward-Granger Elementary. The PTO Board is composed of members who are either elected or appointed to the positions.
The PTO meets the 2nd TUESDAY of each month throughout the school year. Board members, along with other PTO members, manage the organizational and financial aspects of all PTO functions. We encourage you to attend as many meetings as possible.
The achievements of the Woodward-Granger PTO can be measured in the cooperative spirit with which parents and teachers work together to share their concern for students and in the students’ appreciation for their school, their teachers, and the opportunities given to them.
Getting school and PTO Information throughout the school year comes in many forms:
- PTO meetings- Held monthly on the 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 PM. It’s one of the best ways to stay informed and to get involved with your child’s education. Please come—we aim to keep our meetings to an hour. Read the minutes from our last meeting.
- Weekly emails- we try to send weekly emails with upcoming school information, PTO activities and community news. Subscribe to this email by notifying Angie Jesse at [email protected]
- Friday folder- Remember to look through your child’s Friday folder each week for announcements of upcoming activities and permission slips.
- Our monthly newsletter- a paper copy will be sent home in September – all other issues will be found on this site!
- Online- Check this site for PTO-related information. It will be updated regularly with important information, upcoming events, forms, volunteer opportunities, and officer contact information.
What is the PTO?
PTO stands for Parent Teacher Organization. It is a voluntary organization bringing together parents and teachers.
Will I have to volunteer a lot of my time?
Only if you want to! One of the great aspects of the PTO is that you may volunteer as much or as little as you like. The PTO wants to make certain you are comfortable with your volunteer choices. Monthly PTO meetings are held in the Woodward-Granger Media Center the 2nd Tuesday of every month throughout the school year. Attendance is not required. The PTO is dedicated to making certain these meetings last no more than one hour and are run efficiently.
What if I don’t know anyone on the PTO?
Don’t worry! The PTO is a great avenue for meeting other Woodward-Granger parents and for getting to know the educators and the principal. The PTO parents are fun, laid back, and welcoming to anyone new to the organization. You will feel right at home! The meetings are also a great way to have your voice heard.
How do I become a member?
Actually, you already are! Simply having one or more children attending Woodward-Granger Elementary automatically makes you a member of the PTO and there are no dues associated with this organization. Simply contribute as much time as you would like throughout the school year. It’s that easy!
We’re in store for another great year! Get involved, make new friends, and join the Hawk community!